Fortnite’s new patch, 5.40, has just been released.
However, there’s been several changes. For example, the storm now damages player-built structures in the final stages of the game, forcing players to change their strategy.
VGR reports that players can now carry three Shield Potions instead of two, and you can grab two Boogie Bombs. As for Stink Bombs, they can be carried in stacks of six.
Sadly, some weapons have been removed.
- Common Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Rare Rocket Launcher
- Rare Pistol
- Legendary Bolt-action Sniper Rifle
- Port-A-Fort is now Rare
- Remote Explosives increased from Rare to Epic
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle changed from Legendary and Epic to Rare and Uncommon
- Dual Pistols changed from Legendary and Epic to Epic and Rare
- Suppressed Pistols changed from Legendary and Epic to Epic and Rare
Epic Games’ website says: “Suit up… the High Stakes event has begun! Play the new Getaway LTM, complete challenges to unlock free cosmetic rewards and bling out your squad with new store offerings.
“Here’s the plan. Four safes have been loaded into supply drops scattered around the island, each carrying a large jewel. You and your crew must locate a safe, pick up the prize inside and getaway with the goods while battling enemies. The first four teams to make their way to a van with a jewel and getaway win! Are you up for the job?
“Escape with the goods and you can unlock even more rewards. Earn free cosmetics items in-game by completing the special High Stakes Challenges.
- Play 10 matches of The Getaway – Get 5,000 XP
- Do 500 damage to Jewel carrying opponents – Unlock the Suited Up Spray
- Pick up a Jewel in 5 different matches of The Getaway LTM – Unlock the Cash Flow Contrail
- Complete all 3 Challenges – Unlock the Crowbar Pickaxe
“You’re gonna need the right gear for a job like this. Throughout the High Stakes event, the Wildcard outfit will be featured in the store periodically. The outfit comes with 4 four swappable cosmetic masks, one for each of your crew and the “Cuff Case” back bling. Complete your getaway gear with the Safecracker glider!”
“Need a specialist? Get the Ace Outfit, Swag Bag Back Bling and 600 V-Bucks when you purchase the Ace Pack, now available in the in-game store.”