Sony just released news of their latest Project Morpheus, a virtual reality headset that will bring on some heavy competition for the Oculus Rift. Now it appears that an insider let some very key information slip on the virtual reality headset. If this information is accurate, we may have a price point, release date and a list of upcoming video games that will be compatible with the headset.
The post comes from a source on Reddit who claims that he knows an insider for Sony. This information very well could be false so take it with a grain of salt. We’ll cover the information in bullet points much like the original Reddit post which can be found right here.
Potentially Leaked Details:
- Launch – Sony is expected to launch the virtual reality headset sometime at the end of 2014 fiscal year.
- Name – PlayStation View or PSView is most likely the name Sony will be giving this device.
- Price – So far the price point that Sony has been targeting is $250-$299 with the camera bundled with the device.
- Games – Several popular titles are being developed for the VR headset this includes The Last of Us, God of War and Drvie Club. Though other developers like Guerrilla Games are working on something completely unique for the device.
- Support – Dualshock 4 controllers along with with Move controllers will be needed for VR games. The headset will not be compatible with PC.
- Display – An OLED display with 1440p and 90 fps are being discussed which could rise the price of the VR headset to $399.
More information can be found on the Reddit post but this happens to be the biggest pieces from the post. Are you interested in the VR headset or is it something you would need to see more information and demos before you could make an initial decision? Leave your answer in the comment section down below.