No doubt the much-anticipated horror game, Silent Hills, has now been canceled. This really a sadden day for gamers.
Silent Hills was announced last year through a playable teaser called P.To the PlayStation Store.The game was set to star Norman Reedus (From The Walking Dead, The Boondock Saints series) as the main protagonist and directed byHideo Kojima, the designer behind Metal Gear Solid .
I mean it was bound to happen considering the departure of Kojima. The news heated up over the weekend as del Toro publicly stated on his twitter account that the game is not happening, now it’s official. (In a statement from Konami to Kotaku)
Konami is committed to new Silent Hill titles, however the embryonic ‘Silent Hills’ project developed with Guillermo del Toro and featuring the likeness of Norman Reedus will not be continued. In terms of Kojima and Del Toro being involved, discussions on future Silent Hill projects are currently underway, and please stay tuned for further announcements.
Even though EuroGamer has managed to get a little about P.T from Konami through some questions. You can see th questions and answers down below between courtesy of EuroGamer’s writer, Jeffrey Matulef and Konami.
- Why has the image of Norman Reedus disappeared from the official website?
- This is because our contract period with him has expired.
- Why is “P.T.” no longer available on Playstation Network?
- Because the distribution period has expired.
- What will happen with regard to “SILENT HILL”?
- Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop the “SILENT HILL” series.
- What will happen with regard to “P.T.”?
- P.T. was purely created to be a playable teaser for “SILENT HILL.”
- What do you mean by “playable teaser”?
- The playable teaser was a trial edition of “SILENT HILLS” intended to give players an idea of the game concept
Silent Hills P.T. will be taken off from the PlayStation Network, if you haven’t experienced it yet download it before it got taken down.